Peloton weights are essential for all Peloton riders. They offer the opportunity to tone and strengthen your full body while you ride along at home. This article will teach you how to use them correctly, why they’re important for your long-term fitness goals, and what options are available on the market. We’ll also answer some of the most common questions about weight training with Peloton.
First and foremost, Peloton weights add resistance training to your home workouts as you ride on the Peloton Bike, walk on the Peloton Tread or simply to complete the Peloton Bootcamp classes on the Peloton standalone app. Weights, paired with your Peloton workouts, help to tone upper-body muscles, build strength over time, and improve definition. You can use a variety of weight sets that can be added on for more resistance – or removed when you want a lighter workout. In general, the heavier the weights, the more challenging the full body workout.
That said, it’s important to choose wisely when selecting weights for your Peloton workout at home. Here are some tips on what to look for when buying Peloton weights.
For more Health & Fitness tips, check out our other articles:
Do you want to use Peloton Weights with your Peloton Equipment?
First and foremost, make sure that the weight-lifting set is compatible with your Peloton equipment.
- Peloton Bike and Peloton Bike+ have resting racks for light rubber weights that you can pull out and place back during your ride. Peloton recommends bike weights in the range of 1 lb to 3 lb.
- If you do have a Bike+ though, we’d recommend a heavier set of weights because you can swivel the screen for floor strength training and Bike Bootcamp classes.
- Similarly, lighter rubber weights would also suit Peloton Tread users, but we recommend getting a full set including some heavier weights, to optimize your home workouts.
- Finally, if you are a Peloton Digital App user and want to use the weights for bootcamp style classes, then we’d recommmend a full set of weights ranging from light to heavy.
Can I use Peloton Weights if I do not own any Peloton Equipment?
Exciting news if you are interested in strength training with Peloton Weights! Peloton is coming out with the Peloton Guide in early 2022 and it’s going to be a game-changer! Even if you don’t own a Peloton exercise bike or Peloton treadmill, you will be able to enjoy the full Peloton class experience right at home.
Peloton Guide will come with a camera to connect to your smart TV, and for a monthly subscription fee, you will be able to follow along with Peloton Strength Training classes while tracking your moves and form with real-time feedback.
- For the Peloton Guide, we recommend a full set of weights ranging from light to heavy to get the most out of your home gym. The best part is, you can build your own home gym and still use the Peloton Guide paired with any of your home exercise equipment.
What else do I need to consider before buying Peloton Weights?
- Make sure that the dumbbells themselves are comfortable in your hands while working out. Look for ergonomic grips that will help reduce fatigue in your hands and forearms.
- Finally, consider the size and weight of the set when making your purchase. Peloton weights sets can be bulky, so make sure you have enough storage space at home before buying! Alternately, go for an adjustable dumbbell set that can save you space by replacing multiple pairs.
- Since you will be using the weights at home, ensure that there is a rubber coating so you do not damage your floor or furniture.
Now that you know what to look for in a Peloton weight set, it’s time to start shopping! Here are some of our favorite options on the market today:
1. Buy Original Peloton Weights Directly from Peloton (Optional)
If you want to keep it simple and want a set of weights that is compatible with all Peloton exercise machines, this is the option for you.
PRO: Original Peloton Weights, guaranteed to work with all Peloton home gym equipment.
CON: Expensive compared to other available options.
Peloton sells two different types of weights:
- Cast Iron Peloton Weights with rubber coating ranging from 5lb to 30lb. Price ranges from $45 to $95 per dumbbell.
- Peloton Bike Weights with rubber coating ranging from 1lb to 3lb. These sell for $25 per dumbbell.
2. Buy from Amazon
If you want good-quality weights but don’t care about getting them directly from Peloton, then Amazon has tons of great options for you.
PRO: Lower price, more pairs of weights for less money, fast shipment, and more options.
CON: Not original Peloton Weights, so may not rack directly on your Peloton Bike. There should be no issues with all other Peloton equipment or apps.
Here are some great options on Amazon:
With great reviews, this non-slip dumbbell set replaces the Peloton Bike Weights and more. The package comes with 5 pairs of free weights (2lb, 4lb, 6lb, 8lb, and 10lb) to suit most Peloton classes for cardiovascular and conditioning workouts. You can also add an optional dumbbell rack to store all your new Peloton workout weights.
If you’d like to get into the heavier weights, these 3 pairs ranging from 10lb to 20lb will bring on the sweat and suit your training perfectly. Again, we recommend Neoprene, non-slip dumbbells with Hex design to prevent rolling.
If you don’t like the feel of Neoprene but still want non-slip hex dumbbells to burn calories, then these will do the trick. With thousands of positive reviews and a storage dumbbell rack included, you can’t go wrong with this free-weight set. All this at a much lower cost than the original Peloton Weights.
Finally, if you don’t have the room or want an even wider range of weights to work out with, then there is no better performing brand than Bowflex. With almost 14,000 positive reviews, these can be the first and last pair of dumbbells you own. You can easily change weight ranging from 5lb to 52.5lbs, all at a very good price for legendary Bowflex quality.
For a limited time, these amazing dumbbells are on sale for an additional $75 discount when you buy them directly from Bowflex.
Many Peloton classes have started to use resistance bands, and it’s a trend that will continue. Peloton sells its pair of resistance bands for $69. This set on Amazon has hundreds of 4.5-star reviews and includes a door anchor, at half the price of the original.
Now that you know all about Peloton weights, it’s time to get started on your fitness journey! Adding these simple pieces of equipment to your fitness routine can help tone muscle, build strength and improve definition like never before. So what are you waiting for? Get shopping for the new addition to your workout routine!
As we explained above, Peloton weights are a great way to add resistance and intensity to your Peloton home workout. There are a variety of sets available on the market, so choosing the right one to suit your needs is essential. Make sure that the weights are compatible with your Peloton workouts, offer the right amount of resistance for your goals, and fit within your budget. With these tips in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect Peloton weights set for your needs!
Featured Image Credit: Pexels.