You’ve worked hard to build your business or blog from the ground up. Don’t pass up the opportunity to convert site visitors into subscribers.
Email list creation expands your contact and subscriber database. It is vital for marketing since it allows you to send targeted promotions, discounts, and information right to the inbox of your subscribers.
In this blog, we discussed the best email list-building tools that can improve your business.
An email list (a contact list or mailing list) is a collection of email addresses compiled from customers or visitors of your business website. You can start sending your email campaigns to your audience once you’ve increased your contact list.
Unlike social media, email doesn’t require you to monitor a platform’s algorithm changes. Email marketing directly connects you with your audience. Depending on your audience’s buying cycle, you can send them emails with updates, newsletters, promotions, or discount coupons. This helps you keep them interested or take action like buying your products.
These email list-builders are excellent for small to large businesses. Find out what meets your company’s requirements.
OptiMonk can help you turn your website traffic into sales. Using this tool can help you display smart welcome popups, email signup forms, or promotion popups on your page based on the visitor’s existing website data or browsing behavior.
For instance, you can set certain discount popups for your returning visitors. Meanwhile, new homepage visitors can see a welcome signup form with a voucher.
OptiMonk is user-friendly because it lets you add messages based on your marketing goals to your website without knowing how to code. You can use the drag-and-drop option to place popups and other widgets on your site.
- 300+ pre-designed popup templates for all form widget types (popup side message, sticky bar, and more)
- 30+ use cases (SMS builder, contact form, cart abandonment stopper, etc.)
- 30+ seasonal themes for various purposes
- Advanced target options to segment visitors
- Website monitoring for browsing behavior
- Klaviyo lists & segments
- Cart abandonment tool
- Create and reuse targeting rules
- A/B testing
- Subscriber recognition to ensure it doesn’t pop up on current subscribers
- Google & GDPR compliance
- Drag and drop editor
- Mobile-optimized display and speed
- eCommerce integrations: Shopify, Shopify Plus, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCommerce, and more
- Marketing integrations: Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Active Campaign, Infusionsoft, AWeber, Recart
- Free – You can use OptiMonk for free and enjoy unlimited campaigns. Use up to 15,000 pageview limit per month and one domain for your business.
- Essential ($29/month) – Use this plan if you have two sites you want to optimize. It includes 30,000 pageviews and unlimited campaigns. A/B testing and unbranded content are accessible starting from this plan.
- Growth ($79/month) – If you need to use more domains, this plan offers a maximum of 4 sites, 100,000 pageviews, and unlimited campaigns. You can use A/B testing, unbranded content, plus the custom variable.
- Premium ($199/month) – Large businesses can use this plan with up to ten sites, 500,000 pageviews, and unlimited campaigns. You can also enjoy all the features from the lower tiers and the priority support.
- Master (Custom Plan) – This plan lets you use unlimited domains for your business. Contact OptiMonk for more details.
Visit OptiMonk’s pricing list page for more information.
OptiMonk concentrates on fewer goals, which is advantageous because their email capturing forms are well-developed. There are hundreds of pre-made templates you can customize based on your brand. Whether your visitor is using a desktop or mobile, they won’t be bothered by the opt-in forms from your website.
Mailmunch is a lead generation tool. You can gather more contacts using popups, signup forms, and landing pages. It also functions as an email marketing tool so you can automate when sending emails to your subscribers.
Timing is crucial when using email capture tools. If it interferes with the user experience, it may annoy your website visitors and cause them to leave your page.
You can use Mailmunch so your lead capture forms and popups will appear when it’s the appropriate time to convert. It has page-level targeting to place widgets on the right page or control when it appears in front of your visitors.
- 1000+form types and templates
- Landing pages
- Email marketing tool
- Marketing automation
- Seasonal email templates
- Cart abandonment tool
- White label solution
- eCommerce integrations: Shopify, Wix, and WordPress
- Email integrations: Mailchimp, Constant Contact, AWeber, Convertkit, Infusionsoft, Intercom
- Premium ($13.99/month – Annual Plan) – Access unlimited features and includes up to 1,000 contacts. You can access the free trial only when you register for Premium.
- Calculate price – Pricing increases based on the number of subscribers once it’s above 1,000.
Calculate your custom pricing at Mailmunch.
Mailmunch is a decent tool for building your email list. You can quickly grab the visitor’s attention using their beautiful forms and popups. You can also add your brand’s message or call to action to persuade your visitors to sign up.
If you want more precise audience targeting, OptiMonk is a good choice. It has audience retargeting, behavior tracking, and behavior targeting. It tracks your visitor, so your email capture forms can show up at the right moment.
Wishpond, an all-in-one marketing platform, lets you use many features to improve your business. They have Shopify integration to track page views, email engagement, and purchases. You can also use social media contest templates or email marketing tools for customizing and tracking your emails.
Aside from these features, they also have popups forms to collect email addresses. You can try 100+ templates and customize them based on your brand’s style.
- Social media contest templates
- Custom landing pages depending on a visitor’s buyer journey
- Website builder
- Email marketing tool
- Marketing & sales automation
- Leads database
- Shopify marketing
Wishpond does not offer a list of pricing plans compared to other platforms on this list.
- 7-Day Free Trial
- Flexible Pricing – You can schedule a call with Wishpond’s specialist to know their flexible pricing details. Visit their website to book a demo.
Wishpond excels at providing a wide range of marketing solutions. You can use it to promote your business on social media via contests. Another way to increase your contacts is to use the signup forms. You can also include an appointment calendar on your website to make it easy for your clients to contact you.
However, OptiMonk remains our top choice for email list-building. It has the tools you need to concentrate on generating leads on your website. You can also select hundreds of templates and 30+ use cases depending on your marketing goals.
OptinMonster is another lead generation software for your business.
Use it to boost your email list via popups, floating bars, fullscreen overlays, gamified wheels, and scroll boxes to catch your audience’s attention while they navigate your website. You can match these email capture forms with your brand style by customizing the templates using the drag-and-drop builder.
OptinMonster also includes smart campaign triggers, which ensure that campaign popups appear in front of your website visitors at the appropriate time. For example, this tool has an inactivity sensor that targets idle users. You can set an email capture form to appear when the visitors are inactive on your website.
You can also use geo-location targeting to customize your campaigns depending on your visitor’s location. OptinMonster includes conversion statistics to analyze the lead generation strategies you tested. Additionally, A/B testing helps you evaluate which concepts work for your business to help you further customize your lead generation.
- Mobile Friendly
- Lightbox popup
- Slide-in scroll box popup
- Floating bar
- Sidebar form
- Countdown timer popup
- 400+ Pre-Made Templates
- Advanced Page Level Targeting
- Custom Display Rules
- Dynamic Text Replacement
- Multivariate Testing
- Built-in Conversion Analytics
- Basic ($16/mo) – This plan is ideal for one site. It includes 2,500 pageviews, unlimited campaigns, unlimited subscribers, and no subscriber fees.
- Plus ($32/mo) – You can use up to two sites for your growing business. The plan has a 10,000 pageview limit and includes all the features from the basic plan.
- Pro ($40/mo) – Use the pro plan if you’re selling products on your website. You can add three sites and includes 25,000 pageviews. You can access every feature from the lower tiers in the Pro plan.
- Growth ($82/mo) – Scale your business using all the tools from OptinMonster. You can use it on five sites, and it includes 100,000 pageviews. All the features from the previous plans are included in the Growth offer.
Check out the complete list for OptinMonster’s pricing.
OptinMonster provides a lot of resources for generating leads or capturing emails. You can control when, where, or who will see the signup forms when browsing your website. Thanks to the drag-and-drop campaign builder, the site is also beginner-friendly.
OptiMonk and OptinMonster’s features are almost similar. However, OptiMonk has more ready-to-use campaigns and offers a free version. OptinMonster doesn’t have a free version of the tool or a trial period. Therefore you can’t test OptinMonster’s features without spending money.
HubSpot is a customer relationship management (CRM) software that offers marketing, sales, service, customer service, operation, and content management systems.
Utilize HubSpot’s marketing software to capture leads using landing pages, lead generation form builders, popups, and lead tracking tools. With Hubspot, we love that you can have one place for your marketing tools and an email list. It is convenient not to have your data spread across multiple platforms.
HubSpot provides powerful features to help maintain your email marketing activities after growing your email list. Create attractive email templates or generate personalized subject lines using the email tool. You can also conduct A/B testing to determine which campaign is most effective.
- Marketing automation (forms and emails)
- Omni-channel marketing automation
- Account-based marketing tools and automation
- Dynamic personalization
- Multi-language content
- Social media management
- Video hosting & management
- Contact and company scoring
- Campaign management
- A/B testing
- Website traffic analytics
- Campaign reporting
- Salesforce integration
- Email, in-chat app, or phone support
For email list building, you can select from these Marketing subscription plans.
- Free – Includes limited access to standalone, pop-up, embedded, collected forms, and GDPR options. This plan has the HubSpot branding.
- Starter ($45/mo) – Contains all the features from the Free plan. It has 1,000 marketing contacts and no HubSpot branding from your email marketing.
- Professional ($800/mo) – Increase your marketing contacts from 2,000. All the tools from Free and Starter are included. You also get extra features like collaboration tools, campaign management, A/B testing, phone support, and more.
- Enterprise ($3,600/mo) – Use 10,000 marketing contacts and above with this plan. This includes the Free, Starter, and Professional features. You can use this plan to manage the team efficiently through field-level permissions, partitioning, and single sign-on features.
HubSpot has four main tools (Sales, Marketing, CMS, and Operations. They have a promo where you can choose bundles to include with the Marketing Plan. Check out the rest of the HubSpot prices.
HubSpot is a one-stop shop for converting visitors into clients. They also provide bundles. If you need CMS with the Marketing HubSpot plan, you can get their promo to manage your business in one platform.
HubSpot is more expensive than the other solutions on our list. A/B testing is available with the Professional and Enterprise membership plans, but it’s more accessible on alternative platforms such as OptiMonk for as little as $29 per month.
1. Know your target audience. Don’t focus on getting everyone to subscribe to your list. It will make your email harder to segment.
2. Set up an account with an email capture provider. This tool is designed to help you collect your target users’ email addresses. You can use OptiMonk, Mailmunch, Wishpond, OptinMonster, and HubSpot as your email capture tools. These platforms allow you to create signup forms and popup messages to show your brand’s message to the customers.
3. Prepare your lead magnets like eBooks, checklists, mini-courses, and other freebies that you can use to lead your audience to sign up for your email newsletter. Promote this on your website through the blog or social media.
4. Embed signup forms using email list-building tools on your website. Select from popups, overlays, exit intent popups, and interactive elements like spin the wheel, quizzes, or puzzles. You can use the tools we mentioned on this list to create your own signup forms.
The basis of the email list price is the cost per mile/cost per thousand impressions (CPM). The cost is based on sending 1,000 emails.
Email companies have different pricing based on your subscription. It is common to see an increase in cost based on the number of contacts you have.
For example, the pricing for Mailmunch starts at $13.99 (Annual Plan), and it includes 1,000 contacts. You can request a custom price if you have more contacts.
The same goes for HubSpot. On their Starter plan, they have a limit of 1,000 contacts. You can only increase it in increments of 1,000 starting from $45 per month.
Yes! Email is a vital part of digital marketing.
Want proof? Here are some statistics about email’s importance to marketing.
- Email helps businesses acquire 40x more than social media.
- Email marketing helps increase brand awareness next to social media.
- 47% of marketers stated that email is their most effective marketing channel.
- 49% of consumers want to receive promotional emails from their favorite brands weekly.
Email marketing can help you communicate with your customers in a more personalized manner. Growing your email list allows you to utilize email marketing to promote your business, gain more customers, connect with your audience, and sell your offers.
These suggestions can lure your target market and website visitors to join your email list.
The email list builders on this list present numerous email capture forms to help you acquire email addresses from your website. Utilize our recommended platforms and choose the best one for your current business needs.
Your visitor can access gated content once they provide their email address. Create irresistible freebies or content. It will make your visitors want to signup for it.
The lead magnets are typically a guide, an eBook, a checklist, an email series, a coupon, video training, or a mini course.
Attract the audience with what you can offer them right now using content that shows them your value. Craft educational blog posts where you offer a tutorial about your industry. You can include the lead magnet at the end of the post as a bonus for them.
Publicize your newsletter on your social media accounts like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Instagram. Create social media graphics to entice your audience to download your lead magnets.
Add CTAs such as “Join our newsletter,” “Learn more about our industry,” or “Download our free eBook.” Inform them of any special offers or other reasons for joining your newsletter.
OptiMonk, Mailmunch, and OptinMonster are devoted to email capture and lead generation. These tools are fantastic options if you currently have a CRM and only want to focus on email creation.
HubSpot and Wishpond offer excellent email builders, CRM, and marketing tools. It’s suitable for large companies who want to streamline their email list building and marketing in one platform.
Most email list-building software includes a free trial or free version (except OptinMonster), so you may try them out before purchasing a subscription.
Featured Image Credit: Pexels.